24 Hour World Championship 2014

I have a little bit of racing-related news, I have now got my entry confirmed for this year’s 24 Hour World Championship. (it’s been a quiet news week OK? A post about me entering a race is as exciting as it’s likely to get until the spring)

For those who don’t know, the race will take place on the weekend of 11/12 October at the Nevis Range near Fort William. I’m really looking forward to a World Champs on home soil, despite the fact that Fort Bill in October is unlikely to be either as warm or sunny as the previous races in either Canberra or Finale.

Obviously the race hasn't happened yet, so here is
a picture of my last race at Fort Bill, the
2012 Tour of Ben Nevis. I'm hoping for a repeat
of the weather!

I know there are a few big names also getting quite excited about it and it would be great to see a British winner after so many years of Aussie dominance.

I’m going to make a prediction here and tip Jason Miles for the win, but Craig Bowles, Huw Thomas and Matt Page are all likely to be up there as well, showing Jonny Foreigner a thing or two. My own target is to get my first top-10 at a World Champs.

No comments:

Post a Comment